How We Make Sure Your App is of High Quality

May 03, 2019
Blog

Thorough planning of the product functionality and writing a lot of code is not enough: every single feature of a product should work properly. That’s why testing is a very important stage in project development. When you spend a huge amount of money to create a solution for your business needs, the last thing you want is to receive a software full of bugs, right? Well, our QA specialists take care to ensure this won’t happen. And in order to make you absolutely confident, we will briefly explain to you the main principles and disclose a couple of secrets of successful testing.

To give you an idea of the quality assurance process, let’s figure out the definition of ‘quality’ in terms of a software product. There are three conditions that allow you to say that your application is truly qualitative. Firstly, it works correctly when it is used in an expected way, obviously. Secondly, the application works correctly even being used in an unexpected way. And thirdly, the app works correctly regardless of any changes or newly added features. As mentioned above, if the software works properly in these three cases, congratulations, your product is of high quality. In order to check it, three types of testings are carried out: positive, negative, and regression respectively.

During the testing process, everything revolves around test cases. Written by manual QAs, a test case is basically a document with a sequence of actions that are needed to be taken in order to check the performance of a certain feature. There are two types of test cases: positive that are aimed at checking for bugs during the performance in expected scenarios, and negative that check the software during the performance in less possible scenarios. Since a programmer waits for the results from a QA, conducting them simultaneously would be a waste of time. However, both types matter.

And that’s what we do to kill two birds at one shot.

Have you ever heard about the 80/20 rule? It says that roughly 80% of the effects come from 20% of the causes. This rule is applied in many situations in life, and software development, especially its testing stage, is not an exception. In 80% of cases, the application is used in an expected way. That’s why the positive testing is more important and comes first, taking only 20% of the time, but allowing a QA to find 80% of the product’s bugs. Then after all the positive test cases are passed and if the project budget allows, the QA is looking for the rest 20% of bugs conducting the negative testing, which, by the way, takes 80% of the time and checks the performance during scenarios carried out by only 20% of users.

According to Murphy’s law, anything that can go wrong will go wrong. And since we want the software to be really qualitative, such a situation is not going to work for us. To avoid it, regression testing based on auto tests is needed. In a broad sense, regression testing is aimed at making sure the bug fixing didn’t cause the creation of other new bugs. There are two types of automated testing: testing of the back-end part and testing of the front-end part, and the testing is conducted in accordance with the same 80/20 rule.

That’s how we make sure a newly developed product is bug-free. So feel certain that if we build a software solution for you, we won’t fail you.

Previous articleNext article